Life has been so full of really high ups and really low downs. But in all of it, God is so good. And I’m so thankful. I really want to share my heart and what God is teaching me in this season of my life so Simply by Susie is where I’ll be doing just that. I thought to kick off our time together I would share 11 facts about myself since it’s November 11th. Let’s get started!
- My husband and I have a dog. Her name is Bella. You’ll know all about her if you hang out here long enough. She’s actually amazing. And adorable. And my baby. We’re slightly obsessed with her- and other dogs. We’re the weird people who don’t talk to the human first, but go straight to their dog. We’ve talked about dog-napping (the dog version of kidnapping) many times. One of our big life goals is to have as many dogs as possible.
- Austin and I have been married for over 6 years. During those 6 years we have lived in a few different places, had a handful of careers, learned the value of community, figured out he does dishes and I do laundry, spent countless hours in the car on endless road trips talking through our lives and hopes and dreams, cried hard, loved harder, learned how to lift one another up and help each other through hard seasons, and grown so much closer to the Lord through it all. It’s been a beautiful life so far and I know it’s only going to get better.
- I have a sweet tea addiction. That’s all that really needs to be said about that.
- I have a new life goal- to run a half marathon. For those of you who don’t know, I was not born to run. In fact, it’s been something that has been tough for me to even kind of enjoy. But I love getting outside and moving. I’m really starting to focus on my health (did I mention #3? I’m really trying to reduce that one). After I finish a run, I feel great and accomplished. I know I want to do more of it, so I thought I would put a goal behind it to encourage myself.
- I have an amazing, crazy, beautiful family. Between Austin’s side and my side, we are truly blessed! We have 2 nieces and 2 nephews that we adore and don’t get to see nearly enough. I have an older sister who is an awesome author and so talented in so many ways. My mom says we looked like twins, two years apart. My parents are two of my favorite human beings. They are truly two of the strongest people I know. And my in-laws, I got lucky! They’re wonderful and they have welcomed me in to their family with open arms. Seriously, our family is amazing!
- I’m a property manager at an apartment community. I’ve been in property management for almost 5 years and I wouldn’t have life any other way. It’s stressful and crazy and overwhelming and time-consuming, but I’ve learned and grown so much. I’ve been able to help people and love on them in a unique way. My journey in property management has helped me become a strong and independent person and has made me realize I can lead people. I love having a team and helping them to grow as individuals.
- Austin and I want to have our own rental company. We are hoping to start buying properties to flip and to rent within the next year. We’ve realized this is a huge passion of ours and we’re going for it. You never know what life has in store so we don’t want to waste any more time.
- My dad was recently diagnosed with cancer. He is a fighter and I just know in my heart he is going to beat it! We still don’t know a ton about it as they are in the middle of doing tests. But I truly believe he is going to be okay. It’s going to be a hard year, but our family will make it out stronger on the other side of this. He is being so strong. My mom is being so strong. I know that the Lord has this in His hands and we are trusting Him through it all.
- I’ve broken one bone in my whole life. My nose. While dying my hair at home. Yeah, that happened. I’ll have to tell more on that story another time.
- My husband and I did a half Tough Mudder a few years ago with his sister and brother-in-law. It was one of the most physically challenging and rewarding things I have ever done. It was hard! And hot! And so muddy! But it was seriously so fun and I’m really wanting to do another one again soon!
- I had a small candle business for a few years while we lived in Lynchburg. I loved it! I made soy candles. I closed my shop temporarily since we moved to Texas, but we are working on rebranding and we will be back soon with some exciting changes! I was born and raised with an entrepreneurial spirit and I love having a business of our own to work on.
Well, there you have it. A few facts about my life to get us started. I want to learn about you too! Share some facts about yourself below! Thanks for stopping in today!